Terms of Service
You may become a member of mind sport environment Mindoku.com (hereafter Mindoku) by registering on our site. Please read this Terms Of Service carefully before using any Mindoku games. By registering to our games and services, you signify you understand, and agree to be bound by, the terms and conditions of its use. If you do not agree to this statement, please do not use our site. If you have questions about any of these documents, please contact us by sending an email to support at mindoku.com.
Membership (being a User) allows you to participate in certain games and activities on Mindoku. As a Mindoku User, you agree to all of the terms and conditions in this Terms Of Service document. When you accept this Terms Of Service and complete Mindoku's registration process, you create a Mindoku User Account and select a username and password. Your username should not interfere with our username policy (please read below).
You are solely responsible for all activity on your User Account and for the security of your computer system. It is important that you not reveal your password to other users. You agree not to reveal your password to other users. Your User Account is at risk if you let someone use it inappropriately and your membership is subject to termination if you or anyone using your User Account violates our Terms of Service.
Users at Mindoku can register their username to prevent others from using that name. You must not choose a username which (including those that in any way look like, sound like, stand for, hint at, abbreviate, or insinuate any of the following):
- is similar to another username already existing on the Mindoku environment;
- is an obscene expression or graphics;
- incites hatred on the basis of race, nationality, gender, sexuality, religion or other personal characteristic;
- refers to body parts or sexuality;
- is abusive by profanity or used to harass;
- calls to or applies to unlawful action;
- is a form of advertising;
- indicates that you are an employee or representative of Mindoku;
- interferes other's reasonable interests;
- indicates that you are somebody else (identity theft).
No context spelling of any offensive matter to slide by our rules. All such names will be deleted and made unregistrable.
Please remember to keep your username clean, fun and free from any wordplay that would be considered offensive to any community member.
User's IP addresses are logged. We can use these data for creating statistics, analysing trends, etc. Chat (even private messages) is logged. Chat logs are used to identify Users who are violating Mindoku's Terms Of Service. Chat is also filtered. Messages that can be deemed as inappropriate might not be displayed for other Users. The sender of such message will not always be notified of filtered messages.
Security of your personal information
The security of your personal information is important to us. Mindoku does not rent, sell, or share your personal information (eg email or IP address) about you except when responding to court orders, legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. Mindoku can also share personal data in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Mindoku's Terms Of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
Any form of unsportsmanlike behavior will not be tolerate., Mindoku reserves the right to reset points to zero and/or ban your User Account for this offense. It includes:
- encouraging your opponent to leave the match;
- intentionally losing in favor of your opponent;
- playing against yourself using two different User Accounts;
- accepting your opponent's behavior who is intentionally losing;
- using computer software to decide your moves in a board game.
No User is allowed to direct personal attacks and/or vulgarity toward other Users. You should be able to state your opinion without the use of inappropriate wording.
The following are not tolerated:
- criticizing others rather than their views and actions;
- offending a User with vulgar language;
- inciting hatred on the basis of race, nationality, gender, sexuality, religion or other personal characteristic;
- concealed or unconcealed advertisement;
- disclosing another individual's personal circumstances without their consent;
- being abusive by profanity or harassing;
- calling to or applying to unlawful action;
- referring to body parts or sexuality;
- obstructing Mindoku team members or moderators from doing their job;
- behavior that interferes other's reasonable interests;
- using other's User Account;
- disclosing your User Account's password to other Users;
- attempting to mislead Users by indicating that you represent Mindoku;
- making false reports to Mindoku staff members or moderators;
- harassing, threatening, embarrassing, or doing anything else to another User or visitor that is unwanted;
- using, developing, promoting, or communicating the existence of a software program that grants the User unnatural or unintended benefits in game or that alters performance of the game;
- attempt to solicit account information from other Users.
User Account banning
- Mindoku team members or moderators have the right to restrict in-game chatting of Users who are intentionally or repeatedly hindering cultured conversation. The ban may be temporary or permanent.
- Mindoku reserves the right to immediately ban access to any User Account for violations of our rules. You may lose your User Account with no refund.
- A User attempting to damage the reputation of our site will be excluded from the games indefinitely and their User Account(s) banned permanently.
- Mindoku has the right to ban a User from the games for any reason where they suspect adverse effects will be felt by Mindoku and/or its Users.
- Mindoku will not tolerate using multiple User Accounts in order to avoid banning. Offenders of our rules might face permanent banning on all User Accounts used by them.
Disclaimer of warranties
Your use of the service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Mindoku expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
Mindoku makes no warranty that:
- the service will meet your requirements;
- the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free;
- the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable;
- the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations;
- any errors in the software will be corrected.
You may be a member of Mindoku without paying Mindoku to participate in a game or other activity. Mindokus virtual credit system is a solution that allows Users to participate in Mindoku tournaments that have a participation fee. It also enables them to use other Mindoku paid services. Every User can buy Mindoku credit. Credit already bought or won in tournaments will not be bought back by Mindoku, i.e. there are no refunds. Mindoku does not store credit card data in any form.
Tournaments with a participation fee
To participate in tournaments which have a participation fee requirement, you must have have a certain amount of Mindoku credit under your User Account. Mindoku does not refund credit to your balance if your participation in the tournament is interrupted because of technical issues with your computer:
- if your Internet connection with Mindoku game server is interrupted;
- if the software you are using crashes or hangs;
- if the hardware fails.
Mindoku reserves the right to remove Users from tournaments, who are suspected in using assistance of software that helps the User make their game moves. If the tournament is interrupted because of technical reasons in Mindoku's game software, the tournament participation fees will be refunded or depending on the moment the software failure appeared the tournament prize fund may be paid in full.
Mindoku may update or revise the Terms Of Service at any time. By becoming a User of Mindoku, you agree that Mindoku may change the terms of this Terms Of Service. You agree to review the Terms Of Service periodically to become aware of such revisions. You can view the Terms Of Service at any time by clicking on the Terms of Service link at the bottom of the Mindoku.com web page. Your continued use of the service after a revised Terms Of Service is posted on Mindoku will mean that you accept all such revisions. If you don't agree to the changes, or to any of the terms in this Terms Of Service, your only remedy is to close your User Account.
Updated on 28th October 2011.